Analytical reasoning questions require you to think through a complicated set of conditions and to keep these conditions in mind as you answer a group of questions.
Your manager must assign offices to six staff members (there are eight staff members, but some of them may not be entitled to an office). The available offices, numbered 1-6 consecutively, are arranged in a row, and are separated only by four-foot-high dividers. Therefore, voices, sounds, and cigarettes smoke readily pass from each office to those on either side.
- Athena's work requires her to speak on the telephone frequently throughout the day.
- Zeus and Hera often talk to one another in their work, and prefer to have adjacent offices.
- Medea, the senior employee, is entitled to Office 5, which has the largest window.
- Hestia needs silence in the office(s) adjacent to her own.
- Aphrodite, Hephaestus, and Poseidon all smoke.
- Medea is allergic to tobacco smoke and must have non-smokers in the office(s) adjacent to her own.
- Unless otherwise specified, all employees maintain silence while in their offices.