Aunt's boyfriend got me pregnant


Aunt's boyfriend got me pregnant


your avatar   Bri, 13-year-old girl

I have a step-uncle who is going out with my aunt. When my aunt went out one day he and I started having sex and he got me pregnant. I told him not to do it but he forced himself on me and I just went with it. I am six months heading to seven and I really don't know what to do except run away.

I really don't know what to do. I don't know what to do with the baby either end the pregnancy or kill myself. Or I can just run away, that's the only thing I really know to do. I don't have anywhere to stay.


    Bob Rich, Ph.D.

Bri my dear,

You don't mention your parents. Do you have any, or do you live with this auntie? Either way, this man has committed a crime. You MUST tell the police.

If you are 6 months pregnant, it will be visible. Hasn't anyone noticed? Either tell your mom, or if that's not possible, go to a woman teacher at your school and tell her. Ask for help, now. Also, look up this resource page. Their contact details are a little way down the page. They will help you. I wish you had done this months ago, but it's better doing it now than not at all.

Please, do not run away, and do not hurt yourself or attempt to kill yourself. You have done nothing wrong, but wrong was done to you. So, why should you be punished? What this man has done to you is rape. That is a crime, done to anyone. Also, you are only 13. Any man having sex with a child your age is committing a crime, even if the girl agreed - and you didn't. If you don't report it to the police, he will want to rape you again at other times, and he probably attacks other girls as well. For your safety, and to protect other girls, you must make sure he gets punished. Once you have reported it, you will get help and assistance.

With love and caring,


This question was answered by Dr. Bob Rich. Dr. Rich has 30+ years of experience as a psychotherapist. Dr. Rich is also a writer and a "mudsmith". Bob is now retired from psychological practice, but still works with people as a counselor.For more information visit:

Don't blame your problems on other people. Take responsibility for your life.
"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself."
Mark Twain
Take that dream you've put aside, dust it off, and make it come true.