Queendom.com - the land of tests tests quizzes polls advice articles blog
My ProfileMy Profile

    Forgot Password?...

  New? Register here...
  My Profile tour...
Editor Pick

Analytical Reasoning Test

This analytical aptitude test assesses inductive and deductive reasoning skills. Verbal and quantitative reasoning skills are important in business decision making and IT ...
take this test...
Related Tests
Interpersonal Communication Skills Test
Relationship Attachment Style Test
Parenting Style Test
Giver / Taker Test
Fear Of Relationship Commitment Test

Articles show

Polls show
Quick Poll
Do you listen to your intuition or gut instinct?
All the time

Most of the time




October 21, 2018 - Welcome Guest!

Advice » Relationships

submit your question

My Mom hates my boyfriend


My mother hates my boyfriend and he really is the best thing that has ever happened to me. She does not like him because he did not graduate from High School, however, the same year he quit high school he went to adult-education. She has no right to treat him the way that she does.

What can I do to get my mother to accept him?

Young woman (17)


Explain to your mom what you just told me, that he is the best thing that ever happened to you. Tell her why you feel this way; and it hurts you when she rejects him, especially for something like not finishing high school. I mean, it would be different if mom knew something about him that you were unaware of and could hurt you in the long run {that is, drug or gang involvement, etc.} But since this is not the case, point out all of his good qualities ... how he treats you and how that makes you feel. Also mention that he did earn his GED by attending adult education; and this is an indication of his desire to be somebody and make something good of his life. You might mention what he does for a living; and what his plans for the future are. If mom gets to know your boyfriend better, I am sure her opinion of him will soon change. Give it time; it may not happen overnight. Good Luck to you both!

This question was answered by Tina Reed, MA, LPC. Tina is a licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Illinois, and is also certified by the National Resource Center for Family-Centered Practice.

For more information visit the site or contact information page on QueenDom.

GoodTherapy.org Therapist Directory