Queendom.com - the land of tests tests quizzes polls advice articles blog
My ProfileMy Profile

    Forgot Password?...

  New? Register here...
  My Profile tour...
Editor Pick

Call Center Customer Service Rep Test

Do you have the attitudes, aptitudes and personality to be a customer service representative for call centers? Take the Call Center Customer Service Rep Test ...
take this test...
Related Tests
Social Anxiety Test
Type A Personality Test
PMS Test
Eating Disorders and Emotional Eating Test
Sleep Hygiene Test

Articles show
Quick Poll
Do you listen to your intuition or gut instinct?
All the time

Most of the time




November 12, 2018 - Welcome Guest!

Advice » Sexpertise

submit your question

Vaginal Tightness


Six months ago, I had two feet of small intestine removed. Since then, my fiance and I have had a hard time having sex. I'm just too tight for him to penetrate. I've never had this problem before.

Are there any exercises I can do to loosen my vagina?

Chelle (27 year-old woman)


The surgeon who removed the section of your small intestine or your gynecologist should be able to tell you if there is any relationship between the surgery and the vaginal tightness. One thing I can tell you (as a non-physician) is that when a woman feels pain (for whatever reason) when penetrated, she might react with an involuntary contraction. It is like an eye blink - a reflex built in for avoiding pain or injury. If penetration is a little painful and the woman's body tightens the muscles around the vaginal opening, the pain can be exacerbated. The fear of that pain recurring can then cause the woman to unconsciously tighten the next time and again experience discomfort. This can snowball into a condition known as "vaginismus."

Vaginismus is a "psychosomatic" problem. After a complete gynecological exam, the condition is best treated by a certified sex therapist. Treatment involves relaxation exercises and, in the privacy of the woman's home, the self-insertion of dilators, beginning with one that is very small, and then over time, progressing to larger and larger ones. The whole time the woman continues to practice her relaxation.

Women should never hesitate to take their sexual concerns to their gynecologist. If there are no medical complications, it is best to find a qualified sex therapist.

Robert W. Birch, Ph.D., Sexologist & Adult Sexuality Educator Author of Male Sexual Endurance: A Man's Book About Lasting Longer

http://oralcaress.com and http://sex-and-aging.info

Robert W. Birch, Ph.D., is a retired sex therapist, now identifying himself as a sexologist and adult sexuality educator. He now devotes his time to writing educational and self-help books for adults.

For more information visit the site or contact information page on QueenDom.

GoodTherapy.org Therapist Directory