Can't Face Life Anymore


Can't Face Life Anymore


your avatar   Dave, 53-year-old man

I cannot face life much longer. I know I need professional help but the only way to pay for it would be to not eat, which is slow suicide for me anyway (I am diabetic). I just don't feel like anyone cares about me anymore.


    Tina Reed, MA, LPC


Believe it or not, someone does care.

Now, you cannot starve yourself to pay for professional help. If you do not have insurance, the state has to pay for it. I do not know what state you are in, but start with contacting the department of public health in your county. Tell them your situation and ask them to refer you to a mental health clinic that accepts patients on a free or sliding scale basis. Sliding scale means you pay based upon your income. But please, do not starve yourself. You are far too important to many people. Being diabetic, it is even more important for you to eat proper meals.

Another resource is your personal physician. They can be a blessing in disguise. I know from personal experience. Ask him to refer you to a mental health clinic that is affordable. As I said before, it is possible, in every state, to locate those clinics that are either free or sliding fee. All the best to you and God bless.

Tina Reed, MA, LPC

This question was answered by Tina Reed, MA, LPC. Tina is a licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Illinois, and is also certified by the National Resource Center for Family-Centered Practice.For more information visit:


Overcome the temptation of procrastination: Get it done now, and you'll be free the rest of the day!
"I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions."
Stephen Covey
The beauty of being human: You can screw up, dust yourself off, and try again and again and again.